But as for you, teach what is in accord with sound doctrine (Titus 2:1).
- that the Bible is the complete Word and final revelation of God, that it was verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore entirely free from error.
- in one living God, the creator of all, who is infinitely holy, loving, just, sovereign, eternal and perfect. He exists in 3 equal persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to heaven and His personal bodily return to earth.
- in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit.
- that sin is the universal problem of human beings, the consequences of which are death and separation from God, and those consequences are inescapable apart from redemption by Christ alone.
- that salvation is by repentance from sin to God and faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the unsaved: the saved to eternal blessedness in heaven and the unsaved to judgement and eternal conscious punishment in hell.
- that the church consists of a company of baptized believers, voluntarily associated for worship, teaching and evangelism.
- in 2 ordinances: baptism by immersion and the Lord’s supper.